Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pets

This is Chowder, he is the most awesome cat ever but he is not in Philly, so it moos.
This is my Surly Cross-Check. Since Chowder isn't here, it is my new pet.
Notice how it is next to my bed. I will caress it before I go to sleep because it is just that awesome.
It may be a bit too big for me, but someone was selling it on Craigslist because it was too small for him. $300 for frame/fork/Ultegra cranks! He was a cool dude who works at Bicycle Therapy and knows my boyfriend* Dane, and he wanted to sell it to a cool dude. I'm not a dude but I'm cool, so yay.
It's going to sit by my bed til I can build it up. I think it'll start single speed, because that is easier, with whatever parts I gather for cheap, though I will get a new headset, stem, and seatpost. It will be my allpurposesweet bike. Fatties on for some winter riding and offroad. Racks on for touring. Eventually it will have gears. Most awesome.

*Dane isn't my boyfriend, I just think he's really ridiculously good looking.

No comments: